A Midsummer Report.

Here are some updates on my progress:

https://www.mediafire.com/?zcc0pq81u001k4w (or http://www.mediafire.com/download/zcc0pq81u001k4w/mlptk-2016aug12.zip )

^- This one contains a snapshot of my MLPTK directory as of last night shortly before I endured my nightly battle with pain that keeps me awake. It’s a couple’a megs (zipped) or about three megabytes (inflated). Download this if you only want the MLPTK software and reference materials.

 

https://www.mediafire.com/?3lxoqrocmmm5byc ( or http://www.mediafire.com/download/3lxoqrocmmm5byc/mlptk-report-2016-08-12.zip )

^- This one contains a tasty treat! I have rewritten my automatic typesetter for today’s report, and there are now available some syntax highlighted HTML documents that make the code very much easier to read. There are some cute PDFs, too, for printing. DocBook was a very convenient format to get started with, but I hope with future revisions I will graduate from the training wheels and learn to use LaTeX / PostScript. The report is about thirty megabytes (zipped) or fifty megabytes (inflated). Download this if you would like to preserve my work in “Dead Tree” format. (Yes, I’m pretty sure that all the PDFs with my name on them are actually my own work, thus the “Author” bit in the typesetter. I deleted all the PDFs that I identified as not being my own work. Yes, it will require over four hundred pages if you print it. No, I’m not done writing.)

 

I have been working on MLPTK, and other projects, but have nothing of any value to report. Sadly, I stalled-out on QL and everything, and I don’t think I can publish anything complete in 2016 as I had hoped.

However, I _have_ made a good run at finishing every part of QL that I set out to write last Christmas. Also, I have run a quick test on the Firefox bundled with a recent version of Lubuntu: ironically, the _horrendous QL speed bug_ has no perceptible effect on execution time in that version! (I’m still going to try and fix it, though, because my development machine is still on the elder version.)

Apart from crashing and burning with QL, I have begun a new C++ project called Sparkster (after the name of the titular protagonist of Rocket Knight Adventures) which will be a simple exercise in simulating kinetics; I still haven’t started YawniePong 2 because I need to begin a three dimensional rendering library for Javascript if I want to make it into Return to Thunderdome; and I have written a new module for MLPTK, based on Polynom, called Polyfac — although it is practically useless.

Since the last revision I have also written a few other modules, and fixed sundry bugs. See the history log for more details.

 

P.S. The header image easter-egg has also changed. Again.

Advertisements

Be careful what you say. The U.S.A. is not as free a country as you have been led to believe.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s